The Eston & District Landfill is jointly operated by the RM of Snipe Lake No. 259 and the Town of Eston. The landfill is located 1 mile east of Eston on Highway 44 and then 1.5 miles south on the gravel road. (SW 22-25-20 W3)
The Landfill Scale
What do you need to know?
Member price (Residents) is 0.10/1 kg; $100/1000 kg (1 Tonne)
Non-member price 0.20/1 kg; $200/1000 kg (1 Tonne)
Now accepting credit and debit
There is NO gate admission, as there is in some communities with a scale
Free compost; tree branches etc.
Everything has the same price regardless on what it is; household, constructions etc. Previously at the landfill the charge was only for construction materials
Landfill Pricing & Average Weight
Flat Rate – Doesn’t register on scale = $2.00
Washer – 170lbs = $8.50
Dryer – 125lbs = $6.25
Fridge – 300lbs = $15.00
Stove – 170lbs = $8.50
Mattress – 90lbs = $4.50
Sofa – 145lbs = $7.25
Average Maximum Half Ton Payload – 3000lbs = $150.00
• All vehicles must weigh in and weight out
• Loads will be inspected by the Landfill Attendant to verify contents.
• Contents must be sorted by type and placed in the proper area as directed by the Landfill Attendant.
• The Eston & District Landfill reserves the right to turn away contents at the discretion of the Landfill Attendant.
• Proof of residency or land ownership in the RM of Snipe Lake or Town of Eston is required in order to access resident rates.
• Scavenging is prohibited.
• No after hours
• Trees, leaves, branches, grass clippings, clean wood
• Propane tanks
• Steel (must be smaller than 4 x 4 pieces)
• Appliances (must be Freon free; only those not accepted by SARCAN)
• Construction rubble, demolition debris, renovation materials including
• Cement, asphalt, concrete (must be separated)
• Waste items do not have to be bagged but materials must be strapped down when transporting
• Recyclable materials accepted at the Recycle Centre including all cardboard, paper, glass, tin, and plastics
• SARCAN accepted materials
• Tires, batteries, oil
• Hazardous substances
• Pressurized tanks
• Grain or silage bags
• Used chemical containers
• Carcasses and hides
• Motorized vehicles and water crafts
• Fuel tanks
• Contaminated soil
Items not listed on the accepted or prohibited lists will be accepted or rejected at the discretion of the landfill attendants.
Located at the Eston & District Landfill, the EcoCentre will accept up to 500 litres of used lubricating oil, 100 litres of used antifreeze per customer visit, plus up to 1 drum of used oil filters, as well the plastic oil/antifreeze/diesel exhaust fluid containers.
Drop off is available any time the landfill is open, and there is no charge to drop off.
For more information call the office at 306-962-4444, or the Sask. Association for Resource Recovery at 1-877-645-7275 or visit www.usedoilrecyclingsk.com