Open until filled
Start date: As soon as possible
The Town of Eston and RM of Snipe Lake No.259 are forming a new partnership in a Joint Emergency Measure Committee.
Are you an organized and proactive individual? Do you have a passion for ensuring the safety and well-being of your community? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as an Emergency Measures Coordinator.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the organization’s emergency preparedness and response plan. This will include liaison with local agencies and partners, organizing exercises.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and assessing potential emergency situations, and developing appropriate prevention and response measures
- Developing and maintaining relationships with local emergency response agencies
- Developing and maintaining emergency response procedures, protocols, and guidelines
- Providing guidance and support to staff and volunteers during an emergency situation
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of emergency response activities
- Schedule training
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team and under pressure
- Proficient with word and excel
For the successful applicant training courses will be available.
Interested candidates are invited to submit resumes with a cover letter and three references, including anticipated wage and date of availability, to Jody Schmidt, CAO, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 306-962-4444, or by mail at Box 757 Eston SK S0L 1A0.
All candidates are thanked for their interest in the position, only those who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.