Director of Recreation & Recreation Facilities (Maintenance)
Application deadline: Open till filled Start date: As soon as available
The Town of Eston is seeking a full time Director of Recreation and Recreation Facilities (Maintenance) position. The position is responsible for various duties related to managing and overseeing the Recreation program and facilities. This program is funded through a partnership agreement between the Town of Eston and the RM of Snipe Lake. No. 259.
The ideal candidate will have highly self motivated, with the ability to manage, create and monitor budgets; develop, plan and coordinate and complete Recreation programming and facility needs, ensuring the upkeep and functionality of the facilities. Excellence in written and oral communicating with the public and peers in the community and region will allow the candidate to deal with the varied aspects of the job; from regular communication to the enforcing of facility rules, all with a goal of maintaining building and improving relationships.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Administrative Officer, and communicate with the Recreation Committee and Councils.
• Hands on, working Facility Director – Facility Management
• Programming and Liaison
• Interact with the public, staff in a positive manner while at the same time being able to enforce AGT Community Centre rules and regulations
• Being able to work with Committees and Councils
For a detailed job description please visit eston.ca/employment/
• Candidates will preferably hold a minimum education of Grade 12 or GED
• Must hold a valid class 5 Saskatchewan Driver’s License
• Computer experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is a requirement
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Proven track record in building relationships
• Experience in recreation and/or facility management with progressively more supervisory experience
• Thorough knowledge of the philosophy and objectives of organized recreation
• Asset but not a requirement; Pool Operators Course and Arena Operators Level 1 and 2 Course.
The ideal candidate will be willing to obtain safety training certificates and courses.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, work well in a team environment, possess good customer service skills, and be community focused.
A criminal record check is required.
Applications, including cover letter, resume and references can be submitted to email@example.com, in person at 111 4th Ave SE, or by mail to Box 757 Eston SK S0L 1A0.